Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
He and his brother have been apathetic ever since they saw the riots in Samara. Because they will not say a word, Moghedien picks them up to complete her disguise as the herbalist "Marigan" and claims that they are her sons. In Salidar, the Yellow sisters say that they just saw too much violence and need some time and care to become like anyone else their age again. They were right, and after almost two months, Jaril and his brother behave normally and have fun with the other children (TFoH, Ch. 50; LoC, Prologue; LoC, Ch. 12).
- He and his brother stay on the boat with "their mother" and travel to Salidar with Nynaeve and the rest (TFoH, Ch. 49).
- Birgitte juggles some of Thom's colored balls in an attempt to amuse Jaril and his brother, but they show no reaction, not even to Min's tickling. Siuan sends Birgitte and "Marigan" to find some rooms and put the boys to bed (TFoH, Ch. 50).
- Birgitte tries to play with Jaril and his brother, but they merely stare at her (LoC, Prologue).
- After close to two months in Salidar, he and his brother laugh and play with the other children. "Marigan" still looks after them to maintain her disguise (LoC, Ch. 12).
- In the beginning, he just clung to his brother and seemed frightened of everything and everyone else (TFoH, Ch. 49).
- Birgitte likes playing with them, but it makes her a touch sad (LoC, Prologue).
- After Jaril and Seve seem to be okay again, Nynaeve is afraid that they will reveal that "Marigan" is not their real mother (LoC, Ch. 12).