A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- After he learned that he could channel, he tried to hold it off and used the One Power only to help his village. After two years, he began to go mad and before the third year was out, he was gentled (TGH, Ch. 26).
- Thom was too busy with other things to help him, and thus could not come in time (TEotW, Ch. 25).
- The Red Ajah was supposed to take him to Tar Valon to be gentled, but instead they did it on the spot (TSR, Ch. 17).
- Owyn was driven from his home, he gave up wanting to live and within a month, both he and his wife died (TSR, Ch. 17).
- Moiraine offers to give Thom the names of the Red sisters who gentled Owyn if he follows Nynaeve and Elayne to Tanchico (TSR, Ch. 17).
"Thom's nephew had lasted almost three years by channeling only when he thought he had to. If Owyn had managed to limit how often he channeled, it must be possible to not channel at all, no matter how seductive saidin was." (Rand to himself; The Great Hunt, Chapter 30)